- Flood Warning issued July 01 at 9:39PM CDT until further notice by NWS
- Effective: 9:39 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Expires: 9:38 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2015
...Flood warnings continue for points along the Mississippi River...
Mississippi River at
.This Flood Warning is a result of the recent heavy rainfall events
and an additional 0.50 to 1.0 in the next 24 hours...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Chester
* until further notice.
* At 9:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 39.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast: The river will fall to near 39.1 feet by Friday morning.
* Impact: At 39.0 feet...Railroad tracks in St.Mary, begin flooding.
* Impact: At 38.7 feet...Illinois State Highway 155 at Prairie du
Rocher begins flooding near this height.
* Impact: At 38.5 feet...Illinois Route 3 at Rockwood and Missouri
Highway J just west of Highway 61 between Ste. Genevieve and St.
Marys begin flooding near this height.
* Impact: At 38.4 feet...At this level IL Route 3 at levee east of
* Impact: At 38.1 feet...Near this level, Illinois Route 3 near the
Mary`s River bridge is closed.
* Impact: At 37.5 feet...The southbound lane on Kaskaskia Street and
the south parking lot at Menard Correctional Center begins
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 07/02 07/03 07/04 07/05 07/06
Chester 27.0 39.32 39.3 39.1 38.4 37.9 37.4
- See more at NOAA