- Flood Watch issued February 23 at 12:01PM CST until February 24 at 12:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 3 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018
- Expires: noon on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018
.Another 1.5 to 3 inches of rainfall through Saturday night will
aggravate flooding across the Region...
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* All of southern Illinois, southwest Indiana, western Kentucky,
and southeast Missouri.
* Through late Saturday night
* Periods of showers and thunderstorms will produce another 1.5 to
3 inches of rainfall through Saturday night. Isolated higher
amounts will be possible. With our grounds well saturated from
all the recent rainfall, totaling 3 to 5 inches on average since
rains began Tuesday night, the result will be worsening flood
problems as well as an increasing potential for flash flooding.
* Additional rains will aggravate already ongoing flooding of area
rivers and tributaries across the region. Smaller streams and
creeks not currently in flood will fill up and overspill their
banks quickly, heightening the flood threat. In addition,
elevated water levels in low lying and poor drainage areas, as
well as waters that may not yet have receded from antecedent
rainfall, may lead to road closures due to high water crossings.
- See more at NOAA