- Winter Weather Advisory issued March 11 at 1:37PM CDT until March 12 at 4:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 11, 2018
- Expires: 4 a.m. on Monday, March 12, 2018
...A burst of heavy wet snow expected late today and tonight...
.A low pressure system will form over the Tennessee Valley this
evening. Colder north winds will cause rain to change to snow. A
burst of heavy snow could produce a quick 1 to 3 inches, with
isolated higher totals possible.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM CDT MONDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3
inches are expected. Isolated higher amounts are possible in
small bands of heavy snow.
* WHERE...Portions of southeast Missouri, western Kentucky, and
* WHEN...Until 4 AM CDT Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. A burst
of heavy snow could produce poor visibility below one-half
mile. Although pavement temperatures will be above freezing,
snowfall rates up to an inch per hour could produce a slushy
accumulation on the roads.
- See more at NOAA