- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 15 at 3:57AM CST until January 15 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 4 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
...Accumulating Snow Expected Today into this Evening...
.Snow will accompany an Arctic cold front through the Quad State
region today. The snows may linger through much of tonight in
portions of west Kentucky. Very cold conditions are expected
behind the front tonight and Tuesday.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 11 AM
* WHAT...Snow expected. Very cold wind chills expected. Plan on
slippery road conditions, including during the morning
commute. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are
expected. Expect wind chills to range from 5 below zero to 15
* WHERE...All of Southwest Indiana, much of southern Illinois,
and Perry County in southeast Missouri.
* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, through 6 PM today. For
the Wind Chill Advisory, midnight to 11 AM Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
times. The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little
as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
- See more at NOAA