- Wind Advisory issued February 18 at 10:38AM CST until February 18 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 10:38 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018
...Windy in Kansas and West-Central Missouri Today...
.Strong gusty winds have begun to develop across the region this
morning, and is expected to last into the afternoon This is due
to a tightening pressure gradient and mixing ahead of a cold front
that will sag into northwest Missouri Monday morning. Likeliest
time for the strongest winds will be during the late morning
through mid-afternoon hours as mixing is maximized.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* TIMING...Late this morning through the afternoon.
* WINDS...South winds between 25 to 35 MPH with gusts to 45 MPH.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will make driving difficult, especially
for high-profile vehicles on east-west oriented roads like
Interstate 70 and Highways 36 and 50. Additionally, the wind
will make any fires that start very difficult to control.
- See more at NOAA