- Flood Warning issued May 31 at 11:01AM CDT until June 04 at 1:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 11:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- Expires: 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 4, 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Mississippi River at Chester
.This Flood Warning is a result of heavy rainfall across the basin
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Chester
* until Saturday afternoon.
* At 10:30 AM Tuesday the stage was 26.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by this afternoon
and to crest near 27.7 feet by tomorrow early afternoon. The river
will fall below flood stage by Friday early afternoon.
* Impact: At 28.0 feet...Unleveed islands near Chester and the prison
* Impact: At 27.0 feet...Flood Stage. Unprotected farmland on right
bank begins to flood.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 06/01 06/02 06/03 06/04 06/05
Chester 27.0 26.82 27.6 27.6 27.1 26.2 24.6
- See more at NOAA