Himpel, Pistora named to all-metro softball, track
Tonganoxie High landed two athletes on an area newspaper's all-metro team last month.
Lindsey Himpel was named to the Kansas City Star's all-metro team in softball, while Ali Pistora was named to the all-metro track squad.
Both athletes were first-team selections.
Himpel, who will be a junior in the fall, was named the top shortstop among Kansas and Missouri players. She hit .402 with 33 hits, 23 RBI and 15 stolen bases as a sophomore last spring for the Chieftains, who finished 20-4 and made their first trip to state in school history.
While many softball players named to the team were from 6A and 5A schools, Himpel was the only player to hail from a Class 4A school.
Pistora, who will be a senior this fall, earned all-metro accolades in track after another state appearance in the javelin.
Last spring, as a junior, Pistora placed second in Class 4A at the state meet with a throw of 140 feet, 7 inches.
The previous year, she placed third at the state meet in Wichita.
More like this story
- Kansas constitution protects abortion rights, appeals court rules
- USD 464 LOB authority hike fails to pass
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Justice Department: Agency cannot require proof of citizenship on federal voter registration forms