Leavenworth County heads to Sampler Festival
A Leavenworth delegation will showcase "what's cookin' in Leavenworth County" this weekend at the 2008 Kansas Sampler Festival in Corcordia.
County representatives will travel to the two-day festival with menus and coupons from local restaurants, brochures and photographs from area museums and tourist information on what there is to see, hear, taste, buy and learn in Leavenworth County.
The booths are on display all this week in the rotunda of the Leavenworth County Courthouse.
Thousands of Kansans are expected to attend this year's event, which will be Saturday and Sunday at Concordia City Park.
"It's a good opportunity, too, to convince the Kansas Sampler Foundation that Leavenworth would be a good host in 2010 and 2011," said County Counselor-at-Large Keyta Kelly in regard to a bid to bring the festival to the area.
For more information on the event, visit www.kansassamplerfestival.com or call (785) 243-4303.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Lawmakers question Kansas policy on tax credit information
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year