Tonganoxie City Fire Department
• Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 15, 8:06 a.m. and 7:24 p.m. Wednesday, 5:55 a.m. Thursday, 3:27 p.m. Saturday and 8:06 a.m. Sunday.
• Firefighters responded at 8:58 a.m. Wednesday to Tonganoxie Road and Front Street for a possible propane leak. No hazard was found during the investigation.
• At 6:57 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were at a public relations event at Tonganoxie Nursing Center.
Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office
• Sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. Thursday, a gold tailgate on a 2004 Chevy Silverado was stolen from a 62-year-old Bonner Springs man in the 14400 block of 165th Street. There are no suspects at this time and the investigation is still on going. The loss was estimated at $1,000.
• A 64-year-old Tonganoxie man reported that his custom Model-A mailbox was taken from his property around 3 p.m. Friday in the 22600 block of Hatchell Road. The loss was estimated at $100.
• A 33-year-old Lawrence woman was involved in an injury accident around 2 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 24-40 south of Honey Creek Road. When deputies arrived they observed a 1999 Chevy truck in the west ditch. Officers found that the driver had lost control of her vehicle and went off the west side of the road and came to rest in the ditch. She was transported by EMS to Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident. An investigation is ongoing.
• A 27-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man was arrested for DUI after striking a Lansing patrol vehicle around 3:30 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 73 and McIntyre Road. The man was driving his 1992 Toyota north on the highway when he approached two Lansing patrol vehicles, which were stopped on the inside of the northbound lane attending a traffic crash. The report states that both patrol vehicles had their emergency lights activated. The man failed to stop or move over and struck the rear of one of the patrol vehicles. Minor damage was done to both vehicles. The Lansing officer was out of the vehicle at the time of the crash. Additional Lansing police responded to the scene as well as sheriff’s deputies. The man was given a field sobriety test and then transported to the Leavenworth County Jail, where he refused to provide a breath sample. The man was released to the jail staff for processing. When deputies returned to their vehicle they discovered the man had damaged the interior of the patrol vehicle and had removed several documents from inside the vehicle.
• A 17-year-old Tonganoxie teen fled both Lansing police and sheriff’s deputies around 9:45 p.m. Friday. The teen fled on foot after abandoning a vehicle belonging to the teen’s father. Officers made contact with the father, who gave officers the location of his son. The man also gave consent to search the vehicle. Marijuana was located in the vehicle. The vehicle was previously involved in a pursuit with the Lansing Police Department earlier that evening.
• A 28-year-old Easton woman was arrested during a traffic stop and transported to the Atchison County line and turned over to the Atchison Police Department for an incident that occurred around 1:30 p.m. Friday at the Wal-Mart in Atchison. Members of the Leavenworth Police Department chased two of the suspects in the incident on foot in the city of Leavenworth, but the woman, who was driving a blue Volkswagen Beetle, evaded police until the traffic stop by sheriff’s deputies.
Ruth Roberts, 47, Topeka, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120, failure to appear
Sonya Lee, 47, Raytown Mo., speeding 45 in a 30, fined $120, reinstatement $59
Andrea Despain, 25, Overland Park, speeding 50 in a 30, fined $130
Kevin Hoppis, 34, Tonganoxie, tag violation, no Insurance, fined $325
Johnathon Osburn, 20, Tonganoxie, speeding 34 in a 20 school zone, fined $135
Christopher Winkler, 22, Tonganoxie, speeding 34 in a 20 school zone, fined $135
Sharon Sullivan, 32, McLouth, inattentive driving, fined $115
Aaron Seifert, 24, Oskaloosa, speeding 47 in a 30, fined $120
Denise Curtis, 48, Olathe, speeding 43 in a 30, fined $120