Leavenworth County under tornado watch; northern Douglas County, Jefferson County in severe thunderstorm warning
A tornado watch is in effect for Leavenworth County until 10 p.m. Thursday.
In addition, a flood warning has also been issued for the county.
Rain and thunderstorms are forecasted for late afternoon through the evening. Severe storms with hail and damaging winds are possible tonight.
The National Weather Service also has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for northern Douglas County and all of Jefferson County until 7:15 p.m.
More like this story
- Hall resigns at THS girls basketball coach
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues