Local fighters victorious at Rage in Cage
Four local fighters from Cody Bell's American Jujitsu team picked up victories at the Rage in the Cage event June 14.
Mixed martial arts combatants Todd Bell, Kevin Callahan, Zach Davis and Jed Mamie all were victorious at the Show in Kansas City, Mo.
Bell won in the second round with a ground and pound submission, Mamie won in the first round by submission, Callahan got a first-round submission victory via chokehold and Davis won by forfeit.
The fights, which combine everything from wrestling to boxing to jujitsu, were attended by more than 20 residents of Tonganoxie, who showed up to support the local competitors.
Bell's program continues to grow as former high school wrestlers are finding mixed martial arts as an attractive way to continue their fighting careers.
Bell and his assistant Matt Dukes themselves soon will be competing at Clash in the Cage, which will be held July 11 at Whiskey Tango in Grain Valley, Mo.
More like this story
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly