Here’s to all hobbies
To the editor:
I appreciate the coverage given to my political memorabilia hobby at the Tonganoxie Days Celebration but would like to acknowledge the other participants at the "Barn."
Dennis Bixby exhibited his wood carvings and spent a lot of time explaining his craft to visitors. I learned something about carving from watching him teach children about head proportions.
Bill Latham's exhibit of wooden handmade toys impressed everyone with their quality.
Larry Ross spent countless hours crafting black powder rifles of exceptional detail. His collection is a tribute to professional quality dedication.
Del Englen created a new piece of stained glass during the exhibit. He was more than willing to help answer questions and demonstrate his skill.
John Lenahan displayed his three books on Tonganoxie history and answered several questions about our town's past. His research and memory are a local treasure.
This group and all others who worked hard to create a special day for the public deserve our sincere thanks.
More like this story
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Aspiring to be a Spire: Freemyer signs with Saint Mary
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton