Post 41 picks up first victory
Tonganoxie Post 41 finally put a notch in the win column Sunday night at Leavenworth County Fairgrounds with an 11-9 victory over Geiger Ready-Mix.
It was the baseball team's first victory of the season and coach Pat Bailey said it was nice for the players to get that monkey off their backs, especially considering they lost the first half of the twinbill with Geiger, 18-17.
Pat Gallagher pitched a complete game in the win and scored three runs. Grant Ebbert hit a three-run homer in the fifth inning to help Post 41 to victory. Jeremy Wagner, who Bailey said has been "ripping the ball" of late, went 3-for-3 at the plate.
"We're looking better all the time," Bailey said.
Post 41 is at home again Monday evening versus the Easton Lions. For more on that doubleheader, see the July 2 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Accident on U.S. 24-40 sends 3 people to local hospitals
- McLouth man killed in head-on collision
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Tonganoxie man sought in KCK detective shooting caught; officer killed
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck