Lawmaker selected to be new state treasurer
Topeka House Democratic leader Dennis McKinney of Greensburg has been selected by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius to become state treasurer.
McKinney will replace Lynn Jenkins, who has been elected to Congress to represent the 2nd District, which includes Leavenworth County and parts of Douglas County.
McKinney’s appointment will create a scramble for leadership of the Democratic caucus in the House. State Rep. Paul Davis, D-Lawrence, has been mentioned as a possible candidate for that position.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Man injured after his handgun goes off in Kansas theater
- Tonganoxie city officials readying for Mayor's Christmas tree lighting; police station continues to be hot topic