LJEC holding open house Saturday at McLouth
This year already brought many changes to Leavenworth-Jefferson Electric Cooperative (LJEC). Times are changing in the electrical utility industry with new technology and LJEC is embracing the changes as part of its business. LJEC is working to prepare for the future and solving many issues before they become a reality.
Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative is holding an open house from 1-4 p.m. Saturday at the cooperative headquarters, 507 N. Union St., McLouth, to allow members, fellow business persons and area residents the opportunity to view the recently remodeled facilities. This is the first major remodeling of the facilities since the building was constructed in 1977.
People who attend may register for door prizes, including a free night’s stay at The Barn Bed & Breakfast Inn at Valley Falls, which will be awarded after the open house. People do not need to be in attendance when the prize is drawn to win. For youths, Santa will be available at his workshop, while flu shots, which can be billed to insurance, will be available for $37.
In addition, LJEC employees will have demonstrations and exhibits.
More like this story
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital accepting grant applications for local wellness projects
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Kansas budget chief lays out possible cuts
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Tax amnesty for Kansans begins on Tuesday