Chili supper and live auction to raise money for transplant
A chili supper and auction will be held from 5-8 p.m. Saturday at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds’ Administration Building in Tonganoxie to benefit Jacob Ostermeyer, a Tonganoxie High School student who will undergo a kidney transplant.
Proceeds will go toward medical expenses associated with the procedure.
The Friendship Valley 4-H Club is sponsoring the event.
A silent auction will be held throughout the evening, while a live auction will start at 7 p.m.
Anyone interested in donating items or purchasing advance tickets may call Angela Moore at (913) 207-1634.
In addition, people are welcome to bring desserts for the event from 2-4:30 p.m. And, auction items can be brought in beginning at 2 p.m. or can be brought during the event also.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol