TMS student’s team wins
James Grizzle Jr., an eighth-grader at Tonganoxie Middle School, played for the NECCO Raiders youth football club in Claycomo, Mo., this year as the team won the North Suburban Youth Football League Super Bowl for seventh and eighth grades.
The Raiders followed up that win with a victory against the South K.C. Seminoles in the Metro Sports Youth Football Championship. The game will be featured on Metro Sports (Sunflower Broadband channel 37) at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Nov. 26.
Grizzle has played four years for the club team, manning various positions on the line and playing some linebacker.
The Raiders were 10-0 this year.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie school board delays decision on superintendent status
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Still no decision on Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent; hirings and resignations approved
- Tonganoxie school board rescinds contract extension for superintendent
- Tonganoxie USD 464 special meeting tonight for superintendent search, teacher contract