TMS student’s team wins
James Grizzle Jr., an eighth-grader at Tonganoxie Middle School, played for the NECCO Raiders youth football club in Claycomo, Mo., this year as the team won the North Suburban Youth Football League Super Bowl for seventh and eighth grades.
The Raiders followed up that win with a victory against the South K.C. Seminoles in the Metro Sports Youth Football Championship. The game will be featured on Metro Sports (Sunflower Broadband channel 37) at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Nov. 26.
Grizzle has played four years for the club team, manning various positions on the line and playing some linebacker.
The Raiders were 10-0 this year.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings