Tonganoxie teen injured in Christmas Eve rollover released from hospital
A Tonganoxie teenager who was injured in a rollover crash on Christmas Eve has been released from the hospital.
Samuel C. Denholm, 17, was taken Friday afternoon to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after his 2000 Ford Explorer struck a concrete barrier and rolled over on U.S. Highway 24-40 at Front Street in Tonganoxie.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol report, Denholm, who wore a seat belt, became distracted just before the crash. He was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital and was treated and later released, said Belinda Rehmer, an LMH spokeswoman.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits