BLOCKfest is Saturday in Tonganoxie
BLOCKfest, an interactive exhibit that provides families of children who are younger than 8 with a hands-on math and science learning opportunity, is coming Saturday to Tonganoxie Elementary School.
The exhibit has been shown to increase parent knowledge of early development in the areas of math and science education, while providing opportunities to increase social skills and literacy opportunities for young children. Five stations with different blocks will be available for families during one hour block play sessions. Early childhood educators from the Parents as Teachers program will be available to demonstrate techniques that can help parents maximize their child’s learning.
BLOCKfest is sponsored by Parents as Teachers, Tonganoxie USD 464 and and Cabot Cheese. Parents as Teachers is a free developmental program available to all families of children birth to 3 residing in the USD 464 district. For information about PAT or other upcoming BLOCKfest events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
Tonganoxie PAT on Facebook.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game