Tonganoxie volleyball wins home finale
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team closed out its home portion of the schedule Tuesday with a Kaw Valley League dual victory against visiting Bishop Ward.
The Chieftains won their home finale with ease, 25-16, 25-9, 25-16.
THS (25-10 overall, 4-2 KVL) certainly didn’t hurt its cause with its defense, racking up 36 digs. Six different players — Megan Hummelgaard, Kailan Kuzmic, Sagan Scates, Haley Smith, Jenny Whitledge and Brooklyn Kerbaugh — had multiple digs. Hummelgaard, the team’s senior libero, led the way with 11.
Tonganoxie’s senior setter, Scates, passed out 30 of the team’s 33 assists in the sweep. Whitledge had a team-best 17 kills, while Kuzmic put away 11 and Kerbaugh finished with eight.
Kuzmic had four of the Chieftains’ nine blocks. Whitledge served up four aces and Kerbaugh had three of her own.
At 6 p.m. Thursday, THS will play in a triangular at Baldwin with Bishop Ward.
Tonganoxie closes its regular season and KVL dual play at 6 p.m. Oct. 18 at Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?