THS baseball set to compete in Butch Foster Classic
The Tonganoxie High baseball team will get its first taste of tournament action this week when it participates in the annual Butch Foster Memorial Baseball Classic. The three-day, eight-team tournament will take place beginning Thursday at the Kansas City T-Bones' CommunityAmerica Ballpark.
The Chieftains will see a field that consists of a trio of Kaw Valley League opponents, as well as four non-conference teams. Other KVL schools include Basehor-Linwood and Bonner Springs. For the purpose of the tournament, former league school Perry-Lecompton will also be recognized as a KVL opponent.
Non-conference teams are Holton, Paola, Spring Hill and St. James Academy.
THS will open tournament play against Spring Hill. The Chieftains and Broncos will square off at 2:30 p.m. Thursday. The winner will advance to Friday's semifinal, where it will face the winner of Paola and Basehor-Linwood at 7:30 p.m. The losers will play at 5 p.m. Friday.
The tournament championship game is set for 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Basehor-Linwood claimed the title last season. Check the Mirror's website, tonganoxiemirror.com, and Facebook page, facebook. com/TonganoxieMirror, for updates throughout the tournament.
More like this story
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- 2 dead after shooting in Overland Park
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13