Chieftain soccer blanks Perry-Lecompton at home
The Chieftain soccer team won its fourth straight game and recorded its first shutout of the year in Thursday's 5-0 win against Perry-Lecompton.
THS (4-1) got two goals each from sophomore Asher Huseman and senior Matt Saathoff, while senior Keaton Truesdell found the back of the net once. Saathoff, a team captain, now has seven goals this season. Freshman goalkeeper Alex Kroll earned the first shutout of his career.
The Chieftains will wrap up their stretch of three straight home games when they play host to Kaw Valley League opponent Turner on Tuesday. The junior varsity squad will start things off at 4 p.m.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers