Tonganoxie City Council agenda for Wednesday, Feb. 27
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Consent Agenda
a) Approval of Minutes – Regular Meeting dated February 11, 2013
b) Consider Approval of Bills - Approve Pay Ordinance A-1701
c) Consider approval of payment to 911 Custom to equip the new police vehicle in the amount of $8,986.10.
d) Consider approval of payment to the Board of Public Utilities for water purchases amount of $8,097.66.
e) Consider approval of payment to BRR Architecture for planning services in the amount of $3,612.50.
f) Consider approval of payment to Davis Moore Auto Group for the 2013 Dodge Charger Police carin the amount of $22,118.85.
g) Consider approval of payment to Gilmore & Bell for bond attorney services associated with the 2013 bond sales in the amount of $29,500.00.
h) Consider approval of payment to LCDC for the City’s annual contribution in the amount of $7,445.00.
i) Consider approval of payment to the Kansas State Treasurer for January state court fees in the amount of $2,766.50.
j) Consider approval of payment to Westar Energy for monthly electric bills and street lights in the amount of $5,219.29.
“Members of the public are welcome to use this time to comment about any matter relating to City business. The comments that are discussed under Open Agenda may or may not be acted upon by the Council during this meeting. Please wait to be recognized by the Mayor, then state your name and address and all comments are to be directed to the chair.”
III. Old Business
a) Update on PWWSD#6 review of submitted termination language in order to enter an operating agreement with Public Wholesale Water Supply District #6 and #9 and authorizing a minimum purchase of $3,300 per year from the Water Operating Fund
b) Update on Chieftain Trail
c) Update on U.S. 24-40 Highway improvements – Hold
d) Downtown Revolving Loan Update
IV. New Business
a) City Administrator Agenda
- January 2013 Financial Report
- Resolution No. 02-13-02: withdraw from health insurance coverage with Midwest Public Risk
- Discussion of City of the Second Class: mayor-council or council-managerl form of government
- Closed session to discuss confidential matters of non-elected personnel
b) City Attorney Agenda
1. Second Reading, an ordinance repealing certain sections of Article 3, Fireworks, of Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances and replacing same for the purpose of defining the authority to ban the sale and use of fireworks in the city limits and providing public notice of such ban
2. First Reading, Request approval of Ordinance No. 1356 – An ordinance to provide more effective enforcement for addressing inoperable vehicles
3. First Reading, an ordinance annexing a certain non-contiguous property into the city limits of Tonganoxie
c) Mayor Agenda
d) Council President Agenda
e) City Council Agenda
- Retail Commercial Development Committee Report – Bill Peak
i. Approval of Ordinance No. 1350 - Amending Ordinance No. 1342 Retail Attraction and Retention Incentive Program, repealing Section 2A sales tax rebate incentives
- Infrastructure Committee Report – Jim Truesdell
- Industrial Park Committee Report – Chris Donnelly
- Update on fireproof storage in city hall – Bill Peak
V. Information & Communications (No Action Required)
- Report on Bond Sale Transactions
More like this story
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Carissa Welsh
- Incumbent Bixby hopes for another term as crowded primary looms Tuesday
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Tonganoxie residents gear up for fireworks; area communities offering displays