Tonganoxie Invitational: Tuesday recap
Chanute 57, Atchison 48
Chanute trailed for more than three quarters, but used a dominant fourth quarter to escape with a win in its tournament opener.
Macy Flowers led the Blue Comets (9-2) with 17 points while Brenna Olson and Darian Rubow added 14 and 10, respectively. Madison Sanders led Atchison (4-5) with a game-high 19 points, but fouled out midway through the final period.
AHS will next play Eudora in consolation action at 6 p.m. Thursday. Chanute advances to the semifinals, where it will take on host school Tonganoxie at 6 p.m. Friday.
Atchison 21 3 14 10 — 48
Chanute 10 7 20 20 — 57
Blue Valley Southwest 67, Bishop Seabury 35
Blue Valley Southwest raced out to a 20-9 lead after one quarter and never looked back in a rout of Class 2A Bishop Seabury.
Three players reached double figures for the Timberwolves (7-2), who are out for redemption after falling in last year's tournament championship game. Steven Anderson led the way with 14 points, Colton Miller scored 13 and Anthony Miller added 11. Mito Owino led the Seahawks (0-8) with 10 points.
Seabury will be back in action at 7:30 p.m. Thursday when it plays De Soto in a consolation game. BVSW moves on to the semis, where it will clash with Tonganoxie at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Bishop Seabury 9 5 11 10 — 35
Blue Valley SW 20 16 17 14 — 67
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for March 1, 2017
- Rail-trail program in central Kansas follows long road
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Leavenworth, Douglas county officials battle grass fires; Tonganoxie chief offers prevention tips
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council