Motorcycle accident victim dies
An Overland Park woman died Tuesday of injuries she received in a motorcycle accident on Monday south of Tonganoxie.
Bobbi K. Ladd, 46, died at the University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan., according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The patrol said Ladd was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by Larry Joe Ferrell, 52, Kansas City, Kan., that was traveling about 1:10 p.m. Monday on U.S. Highway 24-40, just north of Hemphill Road.
The kickstand on the 1982 Honda motorcycle, which was heading east, began dragging on the pavement. Ferrell lost control of the bike, which went off the road, throwing Ferrell and Ladd.
Ferrell, who was not wearing a helmet, was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center, where he was listed in fair condition on Wednesday, hospital officials said.
Ladd was wearing a helmet, according to the highway patrol.
The accident site is about three miles south of Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas governor signs bill on emissions reduction plan
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Kansas House panel to vote on freezing green energy mandate