Construction at U.S. 24-40 and Main still on track
Construction of widened lanes and a traffic signal at U.S. Highway 24-40 and Main is still on schedule in Tonganoxie.
Jason Hoskinson, with BG Consultants, the city’s engineering firm, said King’s Construction Company has installed all of the storm sewers, curbs and gutters, widened the street and is finishing putting down the asphalt.
Once traffic is open on the southern half of the intersection, construction will begin on the northern half, which is 207th Street.
King Construction Company, Oskaloosa, won the contract to improve the intersection with its $648,072.95 bid.
The Kansas Department of Transportation pledged $600,000 for the project. The project will also include right-lane deceleration lanes at the intersection and a new right turn lane at Laming Road.
Hoskinson said, weather permitting, that construction is scheduled to be completed, including the installation of new traffic signals, by the end of October.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Second downtown mural coming to life this week