Small Town Big Cause, a 5K run/walk benefiting the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Endowment Association, is almost here.
The event will start at 6:30 a.m. Saturday with registration at Family Medicine of Tonganoxie, 410 Woodfield in Tonganoxie.
The run/walk will begin at 7:30 a.m. and there will be individual recognitions after the event for overall top male and female finishers, as well as top male and female finishers in each age group. Also, teams will be recognized for fastest feet, biggest heart and spunkiest spirit. Fastest feet is the team with the first three finishers, biggest heart is the team with the most members and spunkiest spirit is the team sporting the most creative race apparel.
Children in strollers are welcome, but for safety reasons, animals are not allowed.
Other Small Town Big Cause events will be Saturday, Aug. 28 at the Baldwin City Golf Course and Saturday, Sept. 25 at the Eudora Parks and Recreation Center, 1638 Elm St. in Eudora.
Cost is $25 for one event, $45 for two or $65 for all three.
For more information, visit lmhendowment.org or call (785) 505-3317.
More like this story
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old