East Lawrence turnpike exit reopens today
Six months of waiting were set to finally end this morning for drivers who enter and exit the Kansas Turnpike in North Lawrence.
A rebuilt Plaza 204 interchange will reopen in two phases, said Rachel Bell, a turnpike spokeswoman:
• Entering traffic will be able to use the interchange beginning about 6:30 a.m. today.
• Exiting traffic will be able to use the interchange beginning about two hours later.
The interchange has been closed since early April for reconstruction.
More like this story
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway
- Moratorium continues for certain land south of Tonganoxie
- Planning commissioner files for Leavenworth County commission
- Flooding closes road near Easton in Leavenworth County
- Rural recycling currently possible through Leavenworth County bins in Tonganoxie