There will be a Maundy Thursday service at Jarbalo United Methodist Church at 7 p.m. on April 5.
There will be a sunrise service at the church at 7 a.m. on Easter morning. Breakfast will follow.
The rummage and bake sale at the church will from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, April 20 and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 21.
There will be a clean-up day at starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 21, at Fall Creek Cemetery.
The Gateway Club will meet from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on April 1 at Jarbalo United Methodist Church. The club is made up of people with disabilities.
There has been vandalism of rural mailboxes in the area recently.
Frances Jeannin reports a new great, great grandson born Sunday, March 25, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Parents are Brian and Kelly Griffith of Tonganoxie.
Frances Jeannin had lunch with Pat Jeannin Friday at Sisters in Edwardsville. She then visited Lloyd and Marian Schubert.
Orville and Rosie Oelschlaeger had dinner Sunday at the Sunflower Cafe in Lawrence Memorial Hospital. They then visited Mark Oelschlaeger, who is in room 424. He is there for rehabilitation.
Rhiannon Mooberry and Ryan Siefkas of Iola and Tammy Mooberry visited Thamar Barnett Sunday afternoon. Steve and Gail Fitzwater also visited Barnett.
The ladies at Jarbalo United Methodist Church are making pies. To order one, call Marilyn Oxley at (913) 369-3289 or Christine Black at (913) 727-6643.
Way to go, Jayhawks!
More like this story
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Questions on classroom spending cloud Kansas schools debate
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center