Owner looks to open second Mirth Cafe location in Tonganoxie
Another Lawrence restaurant could be expanding to Tonganoxie.
Mirth Café, 745 New Hampshire in Lawrence, is looking to add a second location in Tonganoxie at the former Elle’s Restaurant, 1212 E. U.S. Highway 24-40.
“We want to get a second location open and see how it works,” Ron Zahorik, owner Mirth Café, said Thursday. “Eighty-five percent of secondary restaurants, when you open multiple restaurants, are failures. So we don’t want to open too many too fast.”
Zahorik owns the restaurant wih his wife, Lena. They live in Tonganoxie, which was a factor in looking for a possible second location, Ron said.
He said food offerings would be similar to Mirth Café with “exactly the same coffee.”
Zahorik said he hopes to be open for business in Tonganoxie in November.
If the cafe opens, it would be the second restaurant with Lawrence ties to open in Tonganoxie this year. Jalapenos, which is affiliated with the El Mezcal restaurants in Lawrence, opened earlier this year.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission to hear proposals today for luxury RV, new Casey's store
- Kansas lawmakers draft new plan to raise taxes to fix budget
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break