Humane Society offers spay/neuter transport
The Leavenworth County Humane Society will offer its next pet spay/neuter transport Sept. 16 and 17 from Easton City Hall.
This LCHS program partnership with No More Homeless Pets Kansas City has spayed or neutered and vaccinated 331 dogs and cats throughout Leavenworth County in just more than one year, preventing more than 2,000 puppies and kittens from needing homes.
Cats must weigh 3 pounds to participate (about 16 weeks) and dogs must be at least eight weeks of age. Feral (barn) cats are welcome as well. The feral package includes spay/neuter, vaccinations, parasite treatment and an ear-tip to identify that the cat is sterilized.
Cat (indoor/outdoor or indoor) package (spay/neuter + vaccinations) starts at $55. Package price for dogs is based on weight, starting at $82. Additional services are available (microchip, nail trim, de-worm, etc.) for a small additional fee.
For more details and to register, email LvnCoHS@live.com or register on the web at lchsinc.org. For those without Internet access, call (913) 728-2881 and leave a message.
More like this story
- Kansas doctor, wife face new sentencing in overdose deaths
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Powerball winning numbers drawn tonight: A look at the winners and losers