Tonganoxie churches offering drug abuse support groups
Two churches are offering help with those battling varying types of drug abuse.
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings are 7 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the First Congregational Church, Fourth and Shawnee streets.
Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Tonganoxie Friends Church, 402 Shawnee.
Most Alcoholics Anonymous meetings are closed, meaning they are open only to those seeking help with alcohol abuse. The final Friday meeting of each month is open, meaning friends and relatives also can attend the meeting.
Narcotics Anonymous meetings, which are open, deal with abuse issues of all drugs — alcohol, prescription drugs and illegal drugs. For more about AA meetings, call 816-471-7229 or visit kc-aa.org.
For NA, call 785-749-6631 for more information.
More like this story
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park
- Key political matchups to influence Kansas lawmakers' work
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year
- Frustrated Kansas lawmakers weigh move to impeach state's top judges
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race