Early morning rollover accident hospitalizes local man
A Tonganoxie man is in serious condition at an area hospital following a rollover accident early Wednesday morning roughly four miles east of Tonganoxie.
A Leavenworth County Sheriff’s officer was dispatched about 3:40 a.m. to the 17900 block of Evans Road for a rollover accident, reports said.
The driver of a black 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, David V. Finlay, 49, Tonganoxie, was out of the vehicle when the officer arrived. Finlay swerved to avoid hitting a deer and lost control of the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was taken to Kansas University Hospital with what appeared to head and ear lacerations, according to the officer. A hospital official said Finlay was listed in serious condition Wednesday afternoon.
The air bags were deployed and the driver was wearing a seat belt when the crash occurred, reports said.
Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash and test results are pending, according to the sheriff’s office.
The vehicle was towed by Heartland Towing and Recovery. Stranger Township Fire Department and Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services also responded to the scene.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)